Mrs. Stephanie Hofer
At the Blue Academy, we serve students grades 1st through 6th grade, and rely heavily on our parent involvement to create a “Team” approach for the success of your child. Our teachers and staff are committed to ensuring the success of every child that enters the doors of the Blue Academy. Some highlights of the Blue Academy include:
- Journey’s Reading Series for Literacy as well as focused guided reading groups daily
- Everyday Math Curriculum
- Indiana Science Initiative, Science Kits which provide a hands-on learning experience
- Team Time quarterly to celebrate achievements of our students; Attendance, Students of the Month, Honor Roll, Keys to Success Winners
- Daily targeted Interventions that focus on enrichment as well as support
- STEM integrated lessons throughout the core curriculum
Our “TEAM” has made tremendous progress toward our goals over the past few years and we continue our focus on having every single student achieve to their highest potential!
On a personal note, I am married to Andrew Hofer who teaches at Decatur High School. We have two young children so we know and understand the demands of parenthood. As a principal I feel very blessed to be the leader of the Blue Academy for these past 5 years. The Blue Academy is a special place. Staff and students work together. Our students have many challenges. Our teachers work diligently to meet students where they are, understanding that each student is more than a test score. Our staff knows that we need to reach our students by creating an atmosphere of acceptance while having high expectations for all. These high expectations are not only for students but also for staff. It’s expected that we all work together to do our best each and every day. We care. We want what’s best for our students. We are improving our community one student at a time.