Mrs. Susan D Strube
At West Newton Elementary there is a rich tradition of parent and family participation which is so important for each child's success at school. Part of West Newton's culture is to encourage outstanding attendance, wonderful effort, and respectful behavior - this is celebrated each month during Tiger Time. Some more highlights of West Newton include...
- Award winning staff members who care about children
- Literacy Framework (reading, writing, speaking, and listening are stressed each day)
- Pearson Math (hands-on and problem solving skills are stressed)
- Indiana Science Initiative with a focus on critical thinking and communication;
- Tiger Pride - Positive Behavior Intervention Strategies utilized
- Highly involved and supportive Parent-Teacher Organization (PTO)
- Professional Development for staff each Monday based on specific goals
- Targeted and fluid interventions and enrichments to meet each student's needs
- Challenging and multi-faceted High Ability programming in grades 1-6
- Technology-enhanced lessons via our Digital Transformation - all 5th and 6th graders have iPads + 3 iPad carts (90) and 1 laptop cart (30); remaining grade levels will receive iPads in upcoming school years
- Arts-based skills and strategies through the visual arts, drama, and music to support creative thinking in content area learning
It is an honor and joy to be the principal of West Newton Elementary where the staff and students love to come to school each day in a safe and caring environment. Please contact me at 856-5237, ext. 8000 if I can support you in any way.
Susan D. Strube, principal